Sharp Shell 2.0 update

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Hello dw
i updated my project to your library 2.0 and finally i can disable a contextmenu item properly, in this way i'm creating dinamic menù depending on selection.
i noticed that the background selection isn't working at all, before with previous release i could enable it but it wasn't working properly (didn't select the directory's path) but now the menù isn't showing any more.
how can i enable it and make it work properly?
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2013 at 1:23 PM
That's strange - what are the COMServerAssociations you're using for the directory background?
Oct 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM
[ComVisible(true)]
[COMServerAssociation(AssociationType.Directory)]
[COMServerAssociation(AssociationType.AllFiles)]
[COMServerAssociation(AssociationType.Class, "Directory\\Background")]
here it is.

i also found a workaround for the images... since they work properly ONLY on windows 7, neither on windows server 2008 r2 or previous OS, i'm going to cycle in all the contextmenu items and set the image to null if the os is different from windows 7 :)

i'm starting to see that my contextmenù is became pretty "dinamic"... it automatically set enable/disabled the item, it removes the image dinamically... now i'm going to try if i can change the item text and image dinamically to handle some other usefull function :)

my own SVN/DROPBOX clone is almost done! :D
Oct 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Last test...
is working even better then i could think!
i found that i can DINAMICALLY:
change text of menu
change image of menu
do not add to the parent menu!

the last one was tested in this way:
        var check = new ToolStripMenuItem("Free");

if (GetDownloadInstance(SelectedItemPaths.ToList()[0]).checkOut) //"BOOLEAN TEST"
        {
            check.Text = "Checked";
            check.Image = Resources.red_status;

menuRoot.DropDownItems.Add(check);
        }
and it works! AWESOME!!!
Coordinator
Sep 7, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Glad it all worked :)