IconOverlay icon size

Sep 3, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Hi,
i'm studying the overlay extension to be used together with the context menù, looking at the code, to handle multiple icon overlay i have to create an handler for each icon that return a true/false value and a resource item.
based on this i have 1 question and 1 problem, the question is:
-what's should happen if 2 or more handler returns a CanShowOverlay true value? i have multiple icon overlayed, only the one with highest priority or whatelse?

the problem is about the graphic, looking at the other similar program, like dropbox or tortoisesvn the overlayed icon are also resized properly with the icon size, is it possible this with this extension? Do i have to create an icon file with multiple size inside or this is going to be made from the handler?
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2013 at 5:30 PM
Hi,

Yes, the highest priority wins :)

The icon size is a bug, I'm hoping to fix this very soon:

https://sharpshell.codeplex.com/workitem/1174

If you vote for the issue, it'll get fixed with higher priority :)
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2013 at 6:24 PM
This issue is solved in v2.0, this discussion can be closed when 2.0 is released.
May 11, 2016 at 6:54 AM
I have the same question as the OP:
the problem is about the graphic, looking at the other similar program, like dropbox or tortoisesvn the overlayed icon are also resized properly with the icon size, is it possible this with this extension? Do i have to create an icon file with multiple size inside or this is going to be made from the handler?
But even today SarpShell returns a System.Drawing.Icon which only includes an image at one size - how to return multiple images so depending on whether Windows Shell is showing small, large, details etc. the correct size icon is used?

Also information on what sizes and color depth the icons should be would be helpful.

Thanks!