Context Menu extension - no worky

Apr 17, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I've managed to get a thumbnail extension up and running, the context menus however failes to work for me. I've tried regasm for both x84 and x64, compiled your count lines code example as Any Cpu, x86 and x64, and tried installation for all cpu:s in your ServerManager. It just won't show except for in ServerManager.

I'm on Win7 and use .net 4 as target framework. I really don't know how to debug this.

Another oddity: I have an assembly with one thumbnail and two context menu extensions, when using the regasm tool, only the context menues are installed and nothing seems to happen with the thumbnail extension. But then again, the thumbnail extension, when installed through ServerManager, is the only one to work properly.
Apr 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Sorry! I had forgot to add the /codebase switch with the regasm tool. However, it does not explain the behaviour for thumbnail extensions described in the third paragraph.

Thanks for a nice lib. :)
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, been very busy!

OK, glad that you've got the Context Menu issue sorted out, with regards to the three extensions in the single DLL, are you using the latest version of the codebase (i.e. v 1.8)? Because there were some similar issues in this area previous to this version.

If you like the project and get a moment, please vote it up, share it or whatever, - I'm trying to spread the word and it'll help a lot!

Cheers,

Dave
Apr 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I'm using the latest version, but the problem could have been a fluke. Something corrupted said assembly over night; had to reinstall the whole .net framework to fix it. I will try to reproduce the behaviour first chance I get. If it persists I will notify you here.

I will recommend this lib for shell integrations every chance I get =) And of course, make sure to produce some awesome software with it. It's quite some help not having to deal with that pesky COM api.
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2013 at 8:50 AM
How bizarre, sounds like you might have been having some bad luck! Glad you're finding the library useful, don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any other problems!