Shell Icon Overlay Handler: 2 different Icons

Sep 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Hi together.
I'm trying to run a Shell Icon Overlay Handler that shows two different Icons depending on some File properties. As the GetIconOverlay can't access the file path, I tried registering two different Handlers for the 2 diffferent Icons to be shown. The problem is that only one handler is taking action as in CanShowOverlay return value is false, so the other Handler is not being taken in action...
Thanks in advance for your help. I also want to thank you for this wonderful library.
Best regards!
Coordinator
Sep 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Hmm, that shouldn't be an issue - are you using the same priority value for both of them? If this is the case, the shell may only be using one..
Sep 23, 2013 at 8:25 AM
No, I'm using different values for the priority of each Handler. This Error occurs since I've installed MS Office 2013. Maybe the new icons for Office files affect the registered handlers. Only one handler - alphabetically the first one - is taken into action.
Coordinator
Sep 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Hmm it's interesting that this seems to be related to office, can you add this as an issue on the codeplex or github site? Then i'll be able to track it as I work on it : )